Valorisation of animal by-products - challenges and opportunities
Centre Parcs, Longleat, 7 March 2018, 10.00 to 16.30
This event is jointly organised by FoodWasteNet and ADNet and is free to members of both NIBB. The event will examine current and emerging technologies for the valorisation of animal by-products (ABP) and co-products.
The programme will include case study presentations from academia, industry, and government organisations working in this area and aims to identify the key challenges (e.g. technology, safety, regulation) and opportunities for the valorisation of these types of biomaterials. The programme will focus on following three inter-related themes:
- Valorisation strategies for fisheries/slaughterhouse/egg by-products and co-products
- The role of anaerobic digestion within potential valorisation strategies
- Added value products with good potential for commercialisation
For interested participants, a tour has been arranged at the end of the event to Malaby Biogas, which handles ABP materials and produces bioenergy.
Registration via ADNet . Booking deadline noon, 19 February 2018.
Beyond the lab: Developing your Industrial Biotechnology Career, University of York, 18-19 July 2018
FoodWasteNet is funding 10 places at this event for PhD students, post-doctoral researchers and early career industry researchers who are members of our network. You might not be thinking about a career in Industrial Biotechnology at the moment but skills you develop at this event will be applicable in a range of industrial sectors.
Join speakers from industry, funding bodies and other like-minded early career scientists to explore a range of careers options outside of the university laboratory. Develop the professional skills you'll need to develop a career in industry.
During the two days you will:
- Find out about current job & career opportunities in industry
- Reflect on your career to date and identify skill gaps
- Learn about communicating science and creating Impact
- Get tips on how to write funding applications and business cases
- Find out about the latest science and training opportunities available to you
- Industrial Speakers and Panel members will include speakers from Innovate & KTN
- Meet with non-lab practitioners for 1-2-1 session to discuss your future plans
- Network with your fellow delegates and speakers at the conference dinner
- Overnight accommodation is also included
Booking forms are available here and must be returned to Jane Westwell (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 11 May 2018.