FoodWasteNet Vacation Scholarships are now available to encourage and support undergraduate students (not final year) to carry out a research project, aligned to the FoodWasteNet aims and themes, of up to 8 weeks.
Closing date: 2 March 2018
The scholarships provide support at a rate of £250 per week for a period of up to eight weeks. Consumable costs of up to £500 can also be requested. Please also note that FoodWasteNet Vacation Scholarships will be funded at 80% FEC.
Priority will be given to proposals that, for example;
- Involve an industrial partner
- Work towards ‘solving’ a technical problem for an industrial partner
- Adapt an existing technology for a new application
Applicants must be Network members and be eligible for BBSRC funding.
Applications will be judged on the following criteria:
- Relevance to the remit of FoodWasteNet and BBSRC IBBE strategy
- Scientific merit of the work
- Educational value for the student and feasibility of the research as an undergraduate project
- Suitability of the student candidate to undertake the proposed work
- Industrial involvement
Application Form and Guidelines are available.